Monday, July 1, 2013

Ava the hero

Since the boys both got recent posts, I wanted to do one for Ava too!  She is an amazing big sister.  I was dealing with some burning food in the kitchen and heard her open the gate.  I was yelling at her to stay out of the kitchen but she started yelling at me.  I told her to stay out and she yelled again.  When she came to check on me, Eli got out of the gate and walked out the open door.  Ava continued to yell until she got my attention to tell me that Eli was at the stairs!  We live on in a second floor apartment with concrete steps so thank goodness she had the strength to make sure I heard her!  She is amazing in general but that moment made me realize how grateful I am for her tenacity!

1 comment:

  1. My heart just skipped a beat reading this! Ava saves the day!

    ReplyDelete